Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tulsa People Feature


I got to tag along today and see the photo session for a local magazine. AWESOME! Tulsa People is what it says (featuring people in Tulsa) and a beautiful publication. Back in December I had sent out a quick press release to hopefully tie Girl Scouts to charitable recycling during America Recycles Day ... and within weeks, Tulsa People called about some features for their "Green Issue" in the spring. Evidently it's one of the premier publications to be featured in, so this is really a treat!

Researching what Girl Scouts does to inspire environmentally active youth is almost impossible! There is SO MUCH available and in so many ways. I was very impressed to learn the little bits that I did. The girl interviewed for the article spent a month in Alaska on a "Leave No Trace" hike! For some reason they wanted me in the photo, but I haven't done a thing ... so I suggested her troop leader, and the two of them are pictured on the right.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: