Friday, September 25, 2009

We're All Different ... Or Are We?


I am inspired by this toolbox. It looks very much like an organization. We are all working side by side to accomplish the same mission. While our sense of purpose gives us a particularly strong common bond, we each have different skills and talents. And we are plugging those abilities in to the same engine that drives the largest leadership organization for girls.

Lately I've been contemplating differences. They give us flavor in our relationships ... and headaches, too. As a professional Girl Scout, I work side by side with some of the most interesting people I have ever met. They give flavor in the workplace ... and headaches, too!


Is that bad to say? Or just honest? I think if we all admit it, our working relationships can be strained and it can sometimes make completing a mission difficult.

Oftentimes, all I need is a word picture to get a bigger picture. When differences seem to get in the way, my goal is to back up and take a look at the bigger picture. We're in the same toolbox. Sure, we are each fit for different roles. But when it comes down to it, we're not as different as we think! Each one of us is here to make a difference, and together we can do it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: