Monday, July 30, 2007

Socks and Seeds and Dirt ...


OH MY! Like a stocking stuffed with a dirtball ready for a seed to find new life ... I'm planting myself into a new opportunity. Now I think these little character grass heads (the girls were making them during the Summer Rec program) might be more interesting to watch day-to-day than my new venture! BUT - I am honored and excited to see what sprouts up as I step up as the Chief Communications Officer of Magic Empire Council. Girl Scouting has become such a wonderful place for my purpose to flourish.

Now don't get me wrong ... I haven't been job hunting! In fact, I was very tempted to stick with my wonderful little space as it is. I have the best of many worlds this way. I can work part time in an office. I can travel and do photography part time. I can work from my home office part time. I can take on design and marketing projects at will.

But my department head is taking a step that will enable her to be a stay-at-home mom, which is such a beautiful thing for her new family. I think that is admirable, brave, and wonderful. I find it ironic that her step away from the position and my step into the position both allow us to be home with our families more. No, I won't need to travel so much. And yes, I will miss that terribly. Hopefully I will still do some here and there. But in the meantime, I can pour my passions into one place. This is where I'm taking my own leap ... and hopefully helping others fly, too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: