I'm chomping at the bit to share photos of our Sangam event (pending photo releases) ... it's a "wide game" where Girl Scout Juniors have the opportunity to experience cultural connections by learning about our world center in India and the national heritage.
It gives a great picture of what one might call "non traditional" Girl Scout volunteers. These volunteers come together for one afternoon ... easy enough! And yet what a significant event for the girls.
I love seeing the range of faces and roles of these volunteers. The beauty is that anyone can share their wonderful world with another regardless of age or race or background.
- We have professionals sharing their international experiences.
- We have ethnic groups sharing their culture.
- We have young artists sharing their skills.
- Girls get a taste of Girl Scout connections worldwide ... literally with the cuisine.
- And of course, we have the ever ready "I'll help wherever needed" volunteer who gains a wealth of experience with each new opportunity.