Friday, January 16, 2009

Sienna Won My Heart


While schedules fly and so much seems like a challenge to do, I just have to take a moment to share a memory. In November, we had our first OFFICIAL session for PR Stars. Girls who have sold over 500 boxes of cookies were invited to join. Naturally, every girl is precious in one way or another, but little Sienna won my heart.

There was a lot of hustle and bustle with the Tulsa World reporter giving a session on interview etiquette, blogging sessions, and a super-fast photo shoot. This little girl was a bit shy and really wanted to keep her sweatshirt on. I took just a moment to talk with her and we struck a deal (but it's a secret, so I can't tell!). Those little eyes looked up into mine with trust ... and my heart melted. What a brave little girl! She made me so proud. Proud of her, proud of Girl Scouts, proud of every little moment that defines a brave step in a girl's life.

Have I said lately, I'm proud to be a Girl Scout?!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole Nascenzi said...

That is so sweet.